Sheet piling contractors especially prefer AZ sheet piles as the Intermediate sheet pile for sheet pile dock, wharf constructions, deep foundations because sheet pile installation of AZ sheet piles can be driven by double. The tubular combined wall not only service as the retaining wall member, resisting horizontal loads, but also serve as bearing pile which resist vertical loads. The OZ sheet pile can be shorter than the tubular piles and only have the functions of earth retaining and load transfer. Nowadays the interlocks used in the combined piles have many choices on the market, C9 C14 are the most traditional sheet piling accessory.
Seed Steel Advantages
1. Our strong design engineers team will optimize the project design, whether a tube combined wall, or combined wall, or simply Z or U type box piles. We will choose the best and most economical solutions for you. Sometimes combined walls with tubular piles is not the most economical solutions.
2. With our sheet pile pipe mill located near the port and our strong pipe piling production ability, No limit on dimensions, This is especially important in deep foundations, cofferdams, land reclamation, Jetty constructions, Wharf construction, sheet pile dewatering. The biggest steel pipe pile we have produced, length up to 100m,diameter up to 3200mm. Any steel grade,X70 or S460 or A690,as long as you name it, we will produce for you.
(This article comes from linkedin.com editor released)
Combined wall systems are used when regular sheet piles are not strong enough to carry the required loads. The two main components of a combined wall system are the king pile (Painer PSp profile or Pipe) and a pair or tripple of intermediary sheet piles. The connector is the third component and it can be welded to or interlocked with the king pile and connects the king pile to the sheet pile. The intermediary sheet piles transfer the soil and water pressures to the king piles, which carry most of the load. The sheet piles are usually shorter, varying from 60% to 100% of the length of the king pile. The king piles are often designed to carry substantial vertical loads in addition to the normal bending loads.
- Modular system, which provides options for combined sheet piling plus optimum adaptation to suit structural and constructional requirements
- Secure, structural connections
- Interlocks not sealed by soil particles
- Good driving characteristics thanks to essentially symmetrical arrangement of pile sections.
(This article comes from Piles&Machinery editor released)
Steel Tubular Piles know many applications. For example, they can be used for combined walls, fender walls, auxiliary structures, such as foundation piles for engineering structures or as casing when drilling to install geothermal heat pumps. For many years now, Grand Piling has been installing tubular piles (by means of pile-driving, vibrations and, more recently, also vibration-free) for an extremely wide range of applications; consequently, this has become one of the areas in which we specialise.
A (tubular-pile) combined wall is a wall consisting of both sheet piling and tubular piles. The tubular piles provide increased strength and rigidity when compared with a situation in which only sheet piling is used. The tubular piles are equipped with interlocks that connect together the sheet-piling profiles. Once all the tubular piles have been installed, the interspaces can be filled with ordinary Z or U sheet-piling profiles.
Combined walls are often used in quay construction for water-related infrastructure. Consequently, Grand Piling can expertly execute such operations on the water using its own floating equipment. Furthermore, combined-wall constructions are also employed in earth-retaining and water-retaining constructions in order to complete cofferdams, which require deep construction pits. Combined walls are often used as well when making tunnels.
(This article comes from Sterk editor released)
The revolutionary HZM/AZ wall is an extremely economical combined wall system launched in 2008 to replace the former HZ/AZ system, and consists of:
- HZM™ king piles
- A pair of AZ® sheet piles as intermediary elements
- Special connectors (RH, RZD, RZU)
The HZ king piles, with milled grooves on the flanges and thicknesses up to 40 mm, fulfil two different structural functions:
- Retaining members for soil and hydrostatic pressures
- Bearing piles for vertical loads.
The combinations are based on the same principle: structural supports comprising 1 or 2 HZM king pile sections altering with or without intermediary double AZ sheet pile sections. The intermediary sheet piles have a soil-retaining and load-transferring function and are generally shorter than the HZM king piles. Depending on the combinations and steel grades adopted, the achievable bending moment capacity lies above 21,000 kNm/m (Section modulus up to 46,500 cm2/m).
The outstanding feature of the HZM/AZ combined wall system is the extensive range of possible combinations using the entire AZ sheet pile offer including the latest wide AZ-700 range, as well as all rolled-up and rolled-down AZ sections.
(This article comes from Oriental Sheet Pilling editor released)