With the Humidur coating system, we can repair and stop corrosion at a fraction of the cost of replacing the entire steel sheet pile wall. The DZI Mobile Cofferdam can be quickly transported and set up to be used with almost any steel sheet pile dock wall. Once the mobile cofferdam is in place, a variety of work can occur inside the dewatered cofferdam, for example:
- Existing corrosion inspection by the owner and/or engineer
- Pressure washing to remove the corroded layer of steel
- Welding supplemental steel plates onto severely corroded areas of the wall
- Sand blasting to prepare the cleaned steel surface for painting
- Application of the corrosion-stopping Humidur coating; or
- Bolting on large pre-coated steel protection plates in front of the cleaned existing wall
- Progress inspections of the sheet pile wall by the owner and/or engineer
(This article comes from Roen Salvage editor released)
Pile pile pipe inlet end of highly weathered soft rock softening:
Pile pipe into the water are:
- From the poor welding quality of the pile joints and the lower opening directly into the pile tip of the open pile, into the pile core plugs do not have water-resistant capacity.
- Pile end plate welding is not strong, eccentric hammer or bias weld cracks, seepage from the cracks into the pile pipe inside.
- As the hammer to the end plate and the prestressed tendons anchor loose, and cracks.
- In the course of hammering and static pressure, the pile body will produce cracks that penetrate through the pile wall. The hammer peening hammer standard shall reach the end bearing layer, the final penetrating degree or the final 1m pile hammer number as the main control index . The final pressure standard of static pressure pile construction should be considered in consideration of factors such as pile length, pressure value, geological condition and regional experience.
Pile pipe into the water leading to the end of a strong weathering rock softening problem Wuhan area of strong weathered rock mainly refers to the mudstone and sandstone. The saturated uniaxial compressive strength after softening of the pile-end bearing layer is greatly reduced after the water-in-pipe, and this problem must be paid full attention.
Trench sheets can be used to support earth banks for the safety of construction workers, and are ideal for permanent reinforcement of waterway banks and service trenches. The strength, speed and flexibility of light sheet piles makes it ideal for all forms of temporary and permanent works, the durability and ease of extraction means that light sheet piling can be re-used in sustainable construction. In many cases, however, the use of a steel trench sheet structure can actually eliminate the need for temporary works with the trench sheet performing the permanent function concerned e.g. canals, basement walls.
(This article comes from Tata Steel editor released)
Ground anchor in accordance with the set form of a pile anchor and horizontal anchor two. Pile type anchor is suitable for fixing the cable wind with little force, and rarely used in structure hoisting. Horizontal anchor is a few logs (square wood or steel) tied together with wire rope, placed horizontally at the end of the anchor, wire rope at the end of the pit from the pit leads, rope and the ground angle should be equal to the cable wind And the ground angle, and then use the earth and stone backfill compaction. Logging depth and the number of logs should be based on the size and soil anchorage force may be determined, the general buried depth of 1.5 ~ 2m, the force can be 30 ~ 150kN, log length of 1 ~ 1.5m. When the tensile force exceeds 75kN, the anchor bar should be increased. When the tension is greater than 150kN, the application of columns and wooden walls to strengthen to increase the lateral resistance of soil.
Heavy-duty anchors (such as heavy-duty mast cranes and cable-wind anchors) are made of reinforced concrete.
Horizontal anchor installation and use should be noted:
- Ground anchors should be buried in hard soil where the ground is not wet, not water.
- Do not use decaying wood for anchor, crossbar tied cable at four corners to use angle reinforcement. Wire rope to be bound firmly.
- Important ground anchors should be calculated, after the need to be tested.
- After the anchor is buried, it should undergo a detailed inspection before it can be used formally. Use a person responsible for the guard, such as deformation, should take immediate measures to strengthen.
The shear strength of the soil is lower than the tensile strength of the soil is almost negligible, but the soil has a certain structural integrity. After the soil nails with certain length and density are placed in the soil, the soil nails work together with the soil to make up the deficiency of the soil’s own strength to form the composite soil. Soil nails in the role of composite soil are:
- Hoop beam skeleton effect. This is determined by the stiffness of the soil nail itself, its strength, and its spatial distribution in the soil. It has the effect of restraining the deformation of the soil, and make the composite soil to form a whole.
- Share the role. In the composite soil, the soil nail and the soil shared the external load and soil self-weight stress, soil nails play a role in sharing. The proportion of soil nails is determined by the relative stiffness ratio of soil nail to soil, the spatial position of soil nail and the stress level of composite soil.
- Stress transfer and diffusion. Under the same load, the strain level of the soil nail wall is lower than that of the soil slope, thus delaying the formation and development of the cracking field.
How did that beam get so big? This is what I had to ask myself when I finished sizing and detailing a steel beam that was supposed to fit within the floor joist depth for a flush ceiling. We were removing an unreinforced masonry bearing wall and installing a new wide flange beam to support the existing floor joists as part of a seismic retrofit and remodel. Since the floor joists spliced over the existing bearing wall, it would have been much easier to simply install a new beam below the joists.
The architect did not want the beam installed below the framing, as it would protrude too much. Steel design offers multiple wide flange sections that will work for a given loading. For this particular design, I could use a W24x55, a W16x67 or a W14x90. Each has about the same strength (section modulus, Sxx) and stiffness (moment of inertia, Ixx). Without constraints, you would select the lightest section that works. Space limitations that require a shallower beam result in increased beam weight (and cost).
I proposed two solutions for installing the beam in the floor space and hanging the joists off a nailer. One option allowed the steel beam to extend below the floor joists, while the other used a heavier, shallower beam to fit within the space. The owner wanted a flat ceiling and did not mind the added cost for the beam, which weighed about 60% more than the optimum beam size.
Regardless of space constraints for the design of a steel beam, structural engineers need to specify an appropriate hanger for connecting to the steel beam. Simpson Strong-Tie has many suitable top flange hangers. Most common are hangers that are attached to a wood nailer. Many top flange hangers may also be welded to the beam. Not every nailer solution is rated for uplift, so choose a hanger that meets your requirements.
Installers may also wish to connect the hangers using powder-actuated fasteners in lieu of welding. Allowable loads for several of our top flange hangers are addressed in an engineering letter, ITS, MIT, LBV, and BA Hangers Installed on a Steel Header with Powder-Actuated Fasteners.
Of course, as with all of our hanger loads, we created those loads by running a lot of tests.
(This article comes from Simpson Strong-Tie editor released)
Applications of Self Drill Hollow Bar System:
- Soil Nails for surface stabilisation of embankments & cuttings for road & rail projects
- Permanent or temporary ground anchors for global stabilisation of similar works, sheet pile tie backs, mini piles for underpinning & local stabilisation of existing foundations
- Coastal defence walls & slabs
- Wall anchoring (concrete, modular, crib and gabion)
- Hard or soft green finishes
- Black, galvanised and stainless steel products for all environments
- Roof bolts or spiles for mining & tunnelling applications
(This article comes from ROMTECH editor released)
Self drilling anchor bolt combines drilling, grouting and anchoring together. It ensures the anchoring effect in complex ground conditions. It’s safe, reliable and efficient.
- R thread self drilling anchor bolt is suitable for broken rock, loose soil and conditions which are difficult to drill holes, such as fracture zones, decayed rock, gravel, sandy gravel, backfill ground.
- Used for permanent support for tunneling.
- In slope stabilization, rock bolts and soil nails can be used to maintain and strengthen soil and rock.
- Used for micro pile reinforcement. Micro pile can transmit structural load to foundation, and then limit the deformation of buildings.
- Drill bits can be used for differently according to the rock conditions.
(This article comes from Luoyang Sinorock editor released)
China is the emergence of sheet pile heat, whether hot-rolled or cold-formed U-type U-type, are sought after in the market. Here are six applications you might use in construction projects!
- Temporary shallow excavation foundation work: Temporary shallow excavation of basic operations and road projects. Usually with the buckle of No. 3 and No. 4 steel sheet pile can make digging work to keep dry, the environment is not affected. The length of the steel sheet pile from 6 meters to 15 meters, often using excavator mounted vibration hammer to fight. Whenever you see a nearby excavator at work, you will see a steel sheet pile in use!
- Water-proof cofferdam in the river: Water-proof cofferdam in the river. Usually the wider point of the selection of No. 6 pile. The length of the locking plate piles is between 15 and 24 meters and is driven by a 416L hydraulic vibratory hammer. More complex may contain gravel soil, you can choose a medium-sized hammer, such as 815C. Cofferdams provide a dry dock for the construction of concrete foundations. After the tower is completed, the steel sheet pile will be taken out and reused.
- Avoid the use of mud and barrier walls: The need to avoid the use of mud and the deep foundation of the barrier wall. Sometimes the steel sheet pile will be used in conjunction with the retaining tube pile, in order to obtain greater lateral bearing capacity. These applications require AZ sheet piles, 24 to 36 meters in length. These steel sheet piles are economical for deep excavation depths of up to 20 meters and provide a large lateral load capacity. Medium-sized 815C or larger 1412C is often selected to complete these environmental protection projects.
- AZ-type steel sheet pile wall Harbour: AZ sheet piling is also commonly used as a permanent harbor wall. These harsh working conditions require the selection of high-grade steel for rust protection. Can be the most corrosive by sea water and wind steel sheet pile to do a special coating. As the length and weight of the steel sheet pile is larger, it is recommended to use a large vibration hammer, such as 82NF or 1412C, often with NL-type impact hammer to complete the final few meters of pile.
- Construction of underground city comprehensive pipe gallery: The construction of the underground city hall when the excavation work by the steel sheet pile wall to protect. The free-flow hammer allows you to construct the existing building without disturbing the noise and damaging the building due to low-frequency vibration.
- Permanent load supporting structure: AZ sheet piles can also be used in railway, highway interchange and garage permanent load support structure. Can get good soil conservation and good carrying capacity of the two functions. Moderate 815C and larger 1412C hammers are often used for these construction projects.
A helical pile and anchor is an extendable deep pile foundation system with helical bearing plates welded to a central steel shaft. Load is transferred from the shaft to the soil through these bearing plates.
The usage of helical piles or screw piles and anchors in the construction dates back to nearly 200 years. In the 1830s, the earliest version of screw piles were used in England for moorings and foundations of lighthouse structure.
Today, helical piles are used in both compression and tension in construction industry as application of piles & anchor due to the advancements in hydraulic motors and versatility of installation equipment.
(This article comes from HPA Helical Piling editor released)