Steel sheet pile as a new type of construction steel, with a strong disaster relief function. Especially in the flood control, landslides, collapse, quicksand disaster relief, the duration of short quick, timeliness strong, free from weather conditions, can simplify the inspection of materials or system performance of complex procedures, has a unique function and advantages.
Steel sheet pile products according to the production process is divided into: cold-formed thin-walled steel piles with non-bite-type cold-formed steel sheet pile (also known as the channel plate) and the mouth-type cold-formed steel sheet pile (divided into L-type, U type, Z type). At present, Z-type and AS-type steel sheet pile production, processing and installation process is more complex, mainly in Europe and the United States more applications.
Advantages: size specifications, superior performance, reasonable cross-section, high quality, lock bite with tight water barrier. Both types of steel piles can be used in permanent structures such as refuse dock, loading dock, retaining wall, breakwater, diversion dike, dock, sluice, fishing port, water stop wall and road bank structure.
For simultaneous drilling and grouting installations a grout-swivel system is required. The grout-swivel consists of a Grout Body and Grout Shank. The Grout Shank fits within the Grout Body and contains grout inlet ports. One end of the shank attaches to the striker bar while the other end attaches to the hollow bar anchor. The Grout Body contains an inlet pipe to allow grout to enter into the shank and down the hollow bar. The body remains stationary while the shank spins with the rotary action of the drill. To hold the body into position and prevent spinning with the rotary action of the drill, it is necessary to attach a locator frame from the body to the drifter.
Caution should be applied that only water or grout flush be used with the grout-swivel system. In all cases, grease should be applied to the grout-swivel system prior to use.
(This article comes from Williams Form Engineering edit released)
- The self drilling hollow bar of the alloy bit has strong penetrating power, under the action of rock drill, can easily penetrate all types of rock mass, and using the exhaust of the anchor head up thoroughly solve the problem above the horizon of the grouting exhaust.
- Anchor rod body with a continuous waveform thread, can cooperate to finish drilling bit.In the drilling, taking advantage of the rod body extension by using connection, can be used in narrow space construction.
- The hollow bolt body design makes it have the function of the grouting pipe, when the bolt body complete drilling without having to pull out, avoiding the traditional technology of grouting anchor when pull of slurry erosion problem.
- Highly efficient stop-grouting plug can realize pressure grouting,effectively filling the body breaking rock mass strikes and consolidation, making the grouting full, improving the project quality.In addition, the high strength plate and nut can transfer the deep surrounding rock stress evenly to the hole wall, and achieve the goal of mutual support of rock mass.
- Due to the effect of the auxiliary parts in neutral rod body good, anchor rod body can be completely package by mortar, to avoid the possibility of corrosion, achieve the goal of the long-term support.
(This article comes from SurveyMonkey edit released)
In the construction of Shanghai–Kunming railway rescue, self drilling anchor bar construction technology was used to reinforce the landslide. Self drilling anchor bar merges drilling, installing, grouting and anchoring into one. Self drilling anchor system is a carefully designed supporting system according to different fields, geological and usage conditions. It is reliable, efficient and convenient. This system can ensure the anchoring effect in a variety of complex formations.
Shanghai–Kunming railway had suffered a once-in-a-century flood impact. The debris caused by landslide on the left side of the railway rushed into the railway line, resulting in the derailment accident of K859 passenger train. The volume of landslide mass was about 8000m³.
In the rescue and reinforcement project, it was necessary to remove the landslide mass and use for hillside stabilization and railway slope stabilization.
As the upper strata was rhyolite weathered layer and the lower was mudstone weathered layer, and there was serious differential weathering between the same lithology in the slope. In the the strong rainfall, the groundwater infiltrated very fast in the differential weathering hard and soft interface, resulting in the groundwater enrichment zone in the contact zone of rhyolite and mudstone formation. The softening zone would be in soaking. If things go on like this, it would form a soft surface and cause landslide.
The practice result showed that self drilling anchor used for slope reinforcement of the landslide area has high construction efficiency, strong adaptability, high anchoring force and good anchoring effect.
(This article comes from Sinorock edit released)
The characteristics of YJM anchors are as the following:
- Wide application: it is adaptable for stand with diameters of Φ’8, Φ’9, Φ’11, Φ’12.7, Φ’15.2 and Φ’18 with various strength from 1570Mpa to 2000Mpa as well as for high tensile steel wires with diameters of Φ’5, Φ’7 with the standard strength from 1570Mpa to 1860Mpa.
- YJM anchoring system is available for full range of tendon sizes (1-55 strands). In addition, our company can produce anchorages of any type of arbitrary holes in accordance with demands of customers.
- Good in terms of self-anchoring and easy operation;
- High anchoring efficiency factor, stable and reliable;
- Be capable of repetitive stretching and strong in terms of anti-interference capability.
(This article comes from Alibaba.com edit released)
Helical Anchors (also referred to as tiebacks) provide lateral stability to foundation walls and retaining walls with unbalanced earth pressures. Helical anchors can be installed with hand-held equipment, mini-excavators, skid steers, backhoes, trackhoes, or crane-supported rigs so the anchors can be installed in almost any application. This versatility, along with the ability to immediately load and test the anchors, make helicals a convenient and economical solution for a wide variety of projects.
- Predictable capacity
- Helix blade configuration selected to achieve design embedment and capacity
- All-weather installation
- Can be installed in areas of limited or tight access
- Installation does not generate spoils
- Clean installation with no messy grout
- Load tests can be performed immediately following installation
- Available with optional hot-dip galvanizing for added corrosion protection
(This article comes from AquaGuard Foundation Solutions edit released)
Helical Piles Foundation Systems are designed, tested, and proven for applications in areas with unstable soils
Helical Plates are welded to a steel casings. The Helical Piles are then mechanically rotated into the soil using hydraulic presure. and are then attached to the building foundation.
Homes built in beach areas on Long island and New Jersey are perfect locations for helical pile applications.
(This article comes from Helical Piles NY edit released)
A screw-pile lighthouse is a lighthouse which stands on piles that are screwed into sandy or muddy sea or river bottoms. The first screw-pile lighthouse to begin construction was built by blind Irish engineer Alexander Mitchell. Construction began in 1838 at the mouth of the Thames and was known as the Maplin Sands lighthouse, and first lit in 1841. However, though its construction began later, the Wyre Light in Fleetwood, Lancashire, was the first to be lit (in 1840).
In the United States, several screw-pile lighthouses were constructed in the Chesapeake Bay due to its estuarial soft bottom. North Carolina’s sounds and river entrances were also once home to many screw-pile lights. The characteristic design is a 1 1⁄2-storey hexagonal wooden building with dormers and a cupola light room.
(This article comes from Wikipedia edit released)
Pultruded sheet piling is a section of piling that is manufactured by the continuous processing of raw materials by pulling resin-rich reinforcements through a heated steel die to form profiles of constant cross section of continuous length. The first reinforcement utilized in the profile arelong continuous glass fibres referred to as “roving”. Glass roving runs the length of the pultruded profile and gives the shape its “longitudinal strength”. To add multidirectional reinforcement, continuous glass “matting” is added. The roving and matting is now pulled through a resin bath where the glass fibres are saturated with a liquid thermosetting resin. This process is typically referred to as the “wet-out” process.
The coated fibres are now assembled to the proper shape by a forming guide and finally drawn through a heated (curing) die. Once exiting the die, the pultruded shape is cooled and the resulting high strength, reinforced composite sheet piling is cut to length.
Pultruded sheet piling is suitable for a wide variety of applications for light bulkheads. As is the case with vinyl sheeting, deflection is frequently the controlling factor in design, although the strength of the material is several times higher than vinyl.
(This article comes from pilebuck edit released)
Classification of Prestressed Pipe Piles:
- According to the concrete strength grade and wall thickness are divided into: prestressed concrete pipe pile (PC), prestressed high strength concrete pipe pile (PHC), the first sheet of thin-walled pipe pile (PTC).
- According to the prestressed, it is divided into post – tensioned prestressed pipe pile and pre – tensioned prestressed pipe pile.
- According to the method of piling is divided into: hammer prestressed pipe pile, hydrostatic prestressed pipe pile, pre-drilled prestressed pipe pile and so on.